The CPT-Logger is the heart of the data acquisition system for geotechnical and environmental testing procedures, such as Cone Penetration Testing (CPT). It is to be used in combination with a standard laptop or industrial computer and data acquisition software, such as CPT-Explorer.
The CPT-Logger combines the following functions:
- It supplies power to the attached electric cones, measuring heads, adapters, and alike
- It digitizes the incoming analogue signals
- It conditions the incoming digital signals from independent components (e.g. the depth synchronisation)
- It synchronizes all data for processing on attached computer
The CPT-Logger is compatible with all electrical CPT cones (both compression and subtraction type), electrical measuring heads, environmental modules and a magnetometer. The high-grade waterproof housing makes the unit extremely suitable for working in the field, the compact design assures the use of little space.
It processes simultaneously up to 8 analogue and 4 digital data signals, such as:
● Cone resistance ● Local sleeve friction ● Inclination ● Pore pressure ● Temperature ● Penetration depth ● Date and time ● Fuel fluorescence ● Electrical permittivity ● Electrical conductivity ● Redox potential ● Acidity (pH)
The CPT-Logger is provided with Cone-ID© for automatic recognition of the connected cone, measuring head, and alike. This system only functions with cones and measuring heads provided with Cone-ID© features and CPT-Explorer data acquisition software.
The CPT-Logger is suitable for mechanical and electrical CPT testing in accordance with the relevant national and international standards.